Friday, March 7, 2008

Beauty


We just received our weekly issue of The New Yorker, my favorite magazine, and one of my few truly pleasurable indulgences that I take part in every weekend. I could go on and on about how wonderful this magazine is, and how everyone should possess a weekly copy of it, but I won't, you will have to look for yourself, if you have not already. I will tell you, one thing that I look forward to is finding it in my mail, and the first glance I get at the art on the cover. This one just blew me away...isn't it just beautiful ! The Artist is Ana Juan, and it looks like she has done the art for some great children's books, that I will just have to purchase in the future. Check out her website, and enjoy!

P.S. Sorry I was gone from here for so long...I was enjoying a well needed blog break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so funny. I got this issue yesterday and thought that I would frame this one..hilarious...we do have similar taste!! Did you read last week's review of the Darjeeling Limited ..now out on DVD...such a great funny, witty and deep little review. You must read it...and if you haven't seen Darjeeling Limited, you must. It is a visual and emotional joy...and YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

and I almost took a picture of it..and am still thinking about making a flickr image for 366 of me reading it...

btw thanks for the info. about the artist...didn't know that.

Amy said...

Caroline... we are on the same wavelength. We just received the Darjeeling Limited from Netflix and will be watching it tonight! (great review), and I was thinking about an image of me reading the magazine with my cup of Earl Grey to...just did not get around to it. I will look forward to yours. We scanned in the image on the cover for this post. I think I may frame it as well!